In the previous article on gratitude we looked at why you should practice gratitude. So now we know about what practicing gratitude does for you, it is time to start to look at how you can practice it. Luckily there are many ways how you can practice gratitude, so there is most likely a way to practice it that works for you. Down below you have the three most common forms of practicing gratitude.
Firstly, the easiest way to build and maintain your grateful mindset is to write down the things you are grateful for. Most importantly it doesn’t remind you of what you could be grateful for in the moment, but gives you the opportunity to look back at past entries, which can aid in your personal development. However you don’t have to sit down and write down a whole paragraph about why you are grateful for something, you could just take five minutes out of your day or even week, to write down three things that you are grateful for.
BE IN THE PRESENT
For instance one way to put your attention to the present moment can be by doing things like taking pictures, practice mindful thankfulness as you go about your daily activities, or use visual reminders. That is to say set yourself a mission to photograph the things in your everyday life that make you smile, those things don’t have to be big. Often it are the little things that are overlooked that can bring you a sense of gratitude. Likewise both Mindfulness meditation and loving kindness meditation are other practices that can be helpful with this.
Another way of practicing gratitude is by telling someone that you are grateful to have them in your life. You could also be doing your gratitude practice with someone, like that you could be sharing your entries with each other, to boost each other’s gratitude. What can already be stated is that there are more ways that you could practice gratitude, then the ones listed here.
Do you already practice gratitude? Let us know!
Stay healthy and safe friends!
1. Miller, K. (2019, 07 24). 14 Health Benefits of Practicing Gratitude According to Science. Retrieved from positive psychology: https://positivepsychology.com/benefits-of-gratitude/
2. Scott, S. (2019, 07 24). 31 Benefits of Gratitude You Didn’t Know About: How Gratitude Can Change Your Life. Retrieved from happierhuman.com: https://www.happierhuman.com/benefits-of-gratitude/
3. Daniels, E. (2019, 07 24). 42 Ways to Practice Gratitude Everyday. Retrieved from ProFlowers: https://www.proflowers.com/blog/practice-gratitude
4. Lyubomirsky, S. (2019, 07 24). Eight Ways Gratitude Boosts Happiness. Retrieved from Gratefulness.org: https://gratefulness.org/resource/eight-ways/
5. Robbins, O. (2019, 07 24). 10 Easy Ways to Practice Gratitude in Your Everyday Life. Retrieved from Food Revolution Network: https://foodrevolution.org/blog/practice-gratitude-every-day/
6. The Chopra Center. (2019, 07 24). Cultivate the Healing Power of Gratitude. Retrieved from The Chopra Center: https://chopra.com/articles/cultivate-the-healing-power-of-gratitude?_ga=2.91587545.238866191.1563818772-252159566.1563191321
7. The Chopra Center. (2019, 07 24). 25 Simple Ways to Practice Gratitude. Retrieved from The Chopra Center: https://chopra.com/articles/25-simple-ways-to-practice-gratitude
8. Conlon, C. (2019, 07 24). 40 Simple Ways To Practice Gratitude. Retrieved from Life Hack: https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/40-simple-ways-practice-gratitude.html
9. Miller, J. (2019, 07 24). 8 Ways To Have More Gratitude Every Day. Retrieved from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/womensmedia/2016/07/08/8-ways-to-have-more-gratitude-every-day/#5f558b71d546
10. EMMONS, R. (2019, 07 24). Why Gratitude Is Good. Retrieved from Greater Good: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/why_gratitude_is_good/
11. Carpenter, D. (2019, 07 24). The Science Behind Gratitude – How to Practice Gratitude. Retrieved from Happify Daily: https://www.happify.com/hd/the-science-behind-gratitude/
12. Laibowitz, A. (2019, 07 24). Gratitude practice (and how it can change your life) – Inspiration & spirituality – Happiness.com – happiness.comGratitude practice (and how it can change your life) – Inspiration & spirituality. Retrieved from Happiness.com: https://www.happiness.com/en/magazine/inspiration-spirituality/how-to-gratitude-practices/
13. Positivity, P. o. (2019, 07 24). How to Start your Day with Gratitude to Make your Life Better. Retrieved from powerofpositivity.com: https://www.powerofpositivity.com/start-day-gratitude-make-life-better/
14. Australia, R. (2019, 07 24). The how and why of practising gratitude. Retrieved from ReachOut Australia: https://au.reachout.com/articles/the-how-and-why-of-practising-gratitude
15. Gray, K. (2019, 07 24). 5 Easy Ways to Make Gratitude a Habit You’ll Love to Practice Forever. Retrieved from Shine: https://advice.shinetext.com/articles/5-easy-ways-to-make-gratitude-a-habit-you-ll-love-to-practice-forever/